ISFL EARLY CAREER RESEARCHER PRIZE
The International Society of Family Law is delighted to announce the launch of a prize for the best paper given by an early career researcher (i.e. an individual who has held an academic post for no more than 7 years at the time of applying) at the World Conference in Amsterdam in July 2017.
The procedure and rules for the prize are as follows:
- Any “early career researcher” (as defined above) who has had their abstract accepted by the conference Scientific Committee may enter the prize competition.
- Candidates wishing to enter the prize competition must submit
- Their full paper (see criteria set out at 3. below)
- A cover sheet setting out their name, current academic position, and brief (one page) cv setting out their career history and so demonstrating their eligibility as an early career researcher
by May 1st 2017 by email to: ISFLprize2017@gmail.com
All entries must be:
- Written in the English language
- No longer than 7,500 words in length (inclusive of footnotes/endnotes, but excluding the bibliography and abstract)
- Submitted in .doc or .docx format (Microsoft Word)
Any entry which fails to comply with any of these criteria will automatically be excluded from the competition.
The prize winner (and up to two runners-up) will be selected by the Prize Committee. The Committee will give no reasons for its decision, which will be final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the result of the competition with either competitors or others.
The prize winner shall receive a certificate and be entitled to have their paper published in the book of the conference proceedings. The prize winner and up to two runners-up will be invited as guests of the Society to the conference dinner.